Sunday, March 29, 2009

Adjusting to life

We have one Happy Boy!!!!



It has been one of those days today. I ended up home from church with my oldest son who was not feeling well. I have been so busy and overwhelmed this week that this was the first time I had a day with nothing important to do. I spent a lot of today thinking and contemplating the turn of events that have gone on in our house this past week.


I am so incredibily thankful for Josh's feeding tube. I know that might sound weird, but I am. He has been struggling with getting enough nutrition since last october. His decline in health has been so gradual that there wasn't any one significant event to let me know that things had gotten bad. Now that he has been doing better I have seen some amazing changes. Before his feeding tube was placed, he was taking 3 naps a day at least. He is 22 months old on wednesday, that is not really normal. He wasn't as talkative, energetic or happy either. By the 2nd full day of tube feedings, he was only taking 1 nap a day, running all over our house all the time, and soo happy-go-lucky. I know that getting a bowel clean-out helped as well. It has been so wonderful to see the changes in our little Josh.


Now I am just adjusting to a new way of life. Doing tube feedings every 2 hours, dealing with Home Health Care, learning how to do things I never imagined doing. But it's all worth it to see him doing so well in just a weeks time. He is such a wonderful and amazing child and I truly feel lucky to be his mom. He is so full of love and excitement. I am just glad that once again I was able to see a silver lining in something that could have been much worse.

2 comments:

nancy said...

That is so great he is doing so well. I can't even imagine the relief you must feel right now. That is so great. You are a wonderful mother.

tiptoe mama said...

I don't think it's weird at all that you are grateful for a feeding tube. You get a different perspective on things from within the tulips, and as a mother I'm grateful for ANYTHING that will help my child. I'm glad to hear that things are going so well and that the tube has made such a big difference. Congratulations!