Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Adding A Stimulant

I talked to the nurse at my doctor's office (who then talked to the doctor). He recommended we either increase Clonidine (that's his sleep medication), increase the Risperdal, or add a stimulant. Ugh. Sometimes I hate being a parent. I hate making this hard decision. I love that my doctor takes into consideration our opinion but sometimes I just don't know. After talking to my husband, we decided to add a stimulant to ATTEMPT to calm this kid down a bit. We've tried it before but not on the increased dose of Risperdal. I hate medicating him but it is so neccessary. Before we had him on Risperdal, he was so angry and out of control. It was awful!! Risperdal helps but it's just not enough.

(BIG SIGH) I'm hoping and praying we can figure out how to handle each day. We just keep going every day. We make each other laugh, read our scriptures, and listen to beautiful, calming music. That helps.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I am sorry you have had such a trying couple of weeks. I hope that the decision you made will help. I hate that feeling of not knowing what to do.. but being the one that is supposed to make the decisions anyway. Let us know how it goes!