I finally got a name to the Special Education Director for the state AND her personal line. (I'm such a bully, I know) so I'm calling on Monday hoping she can at least give me some information that will help us decide which suburb to move into.
I did find out, unfortunately, that even with open IEP's and IFSP's my girls will have to be completely re-tested and their therapy services determined when we get there. I'm not sure what their guidelines are so I'm praying they will qualify and we won't have to turn to private therapy. Then, I called up my local school district to schedule testing for Jaylee for her IEP meeting and they told me her file was missing... and has been missing for THREE. MONTHS. For. the. love. Ooookay? Can we still update her IEP then? "I'm not sure... let me transfer you..."
So, yes, after THAT phone call which was piggy backing the two weeks of frustrating calls, I threw my phone against the wall. If my daughter wasn't standing there I might have cursed. Instead I stomped around like a 2 year old and told my daughter I was dancing. :)