Wednesday, January 28, 2009

F.Y.I.

Hi girls,
I just wanted to let you all know about a new website I found out about.  It is called kelly's kidz.  Kelly is the mother of a little girl with CP.  She has set up the site as a way for families to pass on their used medical equipment to another child who may need it.  You can also sign up to receive something you need.  It is brand new, so I'm not sure if you have to pay shipping or anything, and I'm not exactly sure where in the US it is based.  But it is designed to provide a more affordable way for us to get our children the equipment they need.  It's worth checking out.  I've posted a link to it in our side bar as well.  

Also, I received an e-mail from a mom who has a 24 year old son with severe cerebral palsy.  Her name is Annette Monts Falls.  She asked me to post her information for you all.  She has a blog at www.Annette4clay.blogspot.com , or you can e-mail her at Annette4clay@aol.com.  For anyone on facebook, she has started a group there called "Families fighting for caregivers" which I understand to be an attempt at getting better systems for caregivers and respite for special needs families who need more help from those services.  Take a minute to check her out and tell her the tulips sent you.  :) 

No comments: