Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yippee!!

  I am so happy right now!!  My sweet little JT communicated with me today!!  He has said words before but they are so few and far between.  He has said "book" twice and "cracker" 4 times.  The only thing he said semi regularly was "Mama" but only if he was hurt or I was leaving etc. and he didn't even say it everyday.  But today *happy sigh*, today he had a break through.  There were Hershey's kisses on the table and he kept signing "please".   I knew that he wanted them but I played stupid like always and asked him what he wanted.  Without me prompting him in any way he signed "candy" to me.  I tried it three or four times today and every time he signed "candy" without me saying or signing the word.  This is the very first time we have communicated, that he has been able to tell me what he wants.  He has signed please and more but please and more what?!  It has been such a frustrating time, we have tried for so long...sometimes I forget that eventually all this work pays off.  

  Keep up the hard work every one!  It will pay off eventually.  HOORAY!!  I love everyone!  Candy!  *happy sigh again*  Good night!

7 comments:

nancy said...

YAYA!! that is so awesome. Did he get the candy? PLUS SOME!! That is great mom!! COngrats on the mileston

Luke and Erin said...

I love good days! They really do make it worth all the hard work and all the bad day! Thanks for sharing :)

Lori said...

Congratulations! That is a big moment. Yay.

Happy in Holland said...

Yay for JT! And yay for you! I'm glad you had such a great day!

tiptoe mama said...

Hooray! I'm doing the happy dance for you! congratulations! and Thank You, because I needed a reminder that the work works.

Katie said...

Thanks guys! I was so excited to tell you guys because to most people who don't see the work we have done don't seem to understand how big this is for me.

Anita Nap said...

That is SO great! I'm so happy for you!!