Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Better Day

Today was better. I didn't have to babysit anyone so it was just me and my 2 boys. I kept Nate (my 10 yr old son) from school because he's been coughing SO BAD and it's exhausting. I just sent him for the last hour so he wouldn't miss the mandatory testing at school. Anyway, we went to the doctor and discussed what's going on. Marshall has been getting more and more violent lately. Yesterday, he didn't want to get in his car seat so he climbed over the seats and was hiding in the back of the van. Well, he thought he was hiding but it was obvious where he was. I tried asking him to come back and get in his car seat. I explained that the police men say all little kids who are smaller than 8 yrs old have to be in a car seat. Nothing worked. So finally I went back there and got him. As I tried to put him in his car seat, he got very angry at me. He arched his back and refused to get in. I put him back in and he got out again before I could buckle him. As I continued to struggle with him, he started punching me in the face. I was finally able to get him buckled and get him home but it was so bad. Thankfully, I have a very understanding friend and she came over to talk to me last night. It was a very very rough day.

I'm so glad today was better. I still have a million things to do that haven't been done yet but I'll get to those. The main thing is, Marshall only tried biting and hitting me a few times. Maybe that's because when we're at home without a set schedule, he can usually do the things he wants to do (within reason of course). Today he got to play Toontown which is a major obsession for him. I don't see any harm in surviving. Even if it means he played Toontown most of the afternoon. You do what you gotta do.

No comments: