Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I was so nervous about today.
Yesterday I got a phone call from Jonah's insurance company telling me that they were going to foot the plane ticket for our trip to denver Children's Hosp. I was so happy and relieved! The case manager also said that he and the social worker wanted to come by for a home visit. I was so nervous. Did they think I was an unfit parent? Could I be doing something wrong? Is my house child proofed enough? Is it clean enough... I mean really I have two toddlers! All these things were running through my head. Being the slacker that I can be, Instead of cleaning the house I picked up a mountain of medical paperwork to file & ploped in front of the T.V. to watch the Biggest Looser, which is convienently a 2 hour program. This morning Jonah had PT then durring that brief break of him napping and Morgan having a snack I ran around like a mad women throwing shoes in drawers, picking up crayons, sprayed some lavender scent and fluffed couch pillows. A big thank you to the husband for vaccuming the night before then swiffering the hard wood floor! So Today at 1:30 the 2 case workers arrived. I had called in moral support from a good friend who was their with me as well. Afterall who knows what was going to happen. What happened? Well, They told me that pretty much everything will be paid by them I just needed to save all recipts and turn them in when we get back. This is a huge blessing for us. I am so geatful! The case worker was wonderful too. I had a chance to ask a billion questions and although she did not have all the answers she wrote the questions down and said she would get back to me. I cannot tell you how much that meant to me. She also made a comment on how sometimes medical personel can be unfair to some of us parents, just because we seem to handle things well, they don't put so much into our kids. This is something that I have been dealing with a lot these days.
I feel like things are finally looking up.
One more thought, If you do not have a case maneger then get one! I could have saved myself a lot of grief and dissapointment, also I could have gained knowledge in a shorter amount of time. Thank you for reading my ramblings. Enjoy the rest of your day!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, how did you get a case manager and what do they do exactly? I am always interested in getting any help I can. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated! I am soooo happy to hear how things are turning out for your Denver trip. I will be waiting for alll the news when you get back. I really want the best for Jonah and your family.

Jessica said...

Melissa**
So I guess it depends on the circumstances of the child. Jonah should have had one after our second round on the jet ventalators...Good ol PCMC! It never happened. Jonah is now on Molina medicade and I guess he was assigned one due to the out of state thing. When they came to my house I asked and he said every insurance company has some one assigned. So just call and let your inssurance comp. know that you are intrested in this. They will find different services to help better assist you, different ways to just better your situation. The way they ysee it, and they should is that the more they can help in other ways, hopefully in the long run it will be cheaper medically. How are your kids? We need to meet up again...not in the X-ray at PCMC though!

Luke and Erin said...

That is so awesome! I LOVE good news!

Luke and Erin said...

Oh, and btw, I was laughing out loud at you "running around like a mad woman"... SO something I would do-and have done!

tiptoe mama said...

I was just wondering today if my house is really as bad as I think, or if everyone has a messy house! I'm so glad to hear that you live like me! hee hee. I would have been freaked out to have a social worker come to my house too. Glad it was a good thing.