Friday, July 17, 2009


This is mostly off topic, but I am moving to Utah soon. Maybe in a few weeks or possibly next month. (ha! which is in a few weeks!)

Anyway, I am starting to think about things such as how the heck I'm going to transfer medicaid insurance/waiver, developmental therapy services, etc. Who's a good doc to see for special needs kiddos? Anyone I should be avoiding?

Can any of you mamas help me out?

This llama is waiting with pen in hand for some guidance!


Melissa said...

Where in Utah are you moving? I live in Weber County... so if you are moving there I can help you out. Let me know and then I will see what info I can give you about doctors as well.

hayngrl101 said...

we're tentatively looking at south of SLC, north of Provo. Ish. Maybe.

Lori said...

Hmmm. Melissa and I are both from Weber County so we're of not a ton of help down in the SLC/Provo area. however, Primary's is located in SLC which is great.

My sister-in-law lives in SLC and has an autistic son in the school system. Let me ask her if it's okay and I'll pass along her email.

Katie said...

Well, I absolutely love my son's pediatrician Dr. Paul Carbone. He specializes in kids with autism but he is great with my son and he knows so many of the other doctors who can help and the ones that are good with parents.
He is located at the HOME clinic in SLC. It is a clinic for people with multiple problems. It is really hard to get into at first (about 5-6 months wait AFTER you send in your packet) but it should be a LOT easier to get in after your initial visit. They have regular doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, all sorts of kinds of doctors all in one building for your convenience.

Anita Nap said...

I've heard great things about the Jordan School District. I live in Orem but I think the mental health services here leave something to be desired. Ok.. a lot to be desires. I go to SLC for all my specialists anyway.