Yippy! The short gut Cha cha! Ellie had another large bout of diarrhea this afternoon so we are back to just clears. We decided to try pedialyte through her G-tube at a very slow rate for tonight and then if her bowels tolerate that, then we will increase tomorrow morning.
I guess we were a bit to premature with the solid food. Usually noodles and plain chicken are pretty safe with her, but not this time.
Ellie still wants to eat but her bowels don't like the food. It is almost as though her colon is doing nothing, there is so much water in her stools. I don't know what this means for a possible discharge tomorrow. I personally would like to see more improvement or at least know what it is that we are dealing with before we go. But... that is just me.
We will find out more tomorrow when rounds and the GI team come through.