Wednesday, October 21, 2009

QUESTION...

The fact that no one has reponded to Melissa post worries me. Where is everyone? I hope doing well and staying out of hospitals! I hope all are enjoying the beautiful fall colors that are surrounding, and getting the chance to crunch some leaves.

I come to you with a serious issue that has me worried. MyJonah has a chronic lung disaes called non CF-Bronchiectasis. If you are familiar with CF its the lung part of the disease that Jonah has. Anyways, on Saturday Jonah was sitting at his high chair and I was sitting kiddy corner at the kitchen table. I noticed he stopped drumming with his rattle and I looked up at him and saw his eyes roll to the back of his head. Then he looked normal again. Since Sat this has happened another 2 time. I didn't think much of it because he has been head banging so much I thought maybe well, I dont know what I thought. Last night I was serving dinner and my husband asked why J was doing that and I dropped the fork I was holding to run to see if J was still doing it. I never mentioned it to my husband before that because I thought it wasnt a big deal. But once my husband saw it , it validated things I was thinking and I imedietly called the home health nurse. SHe came by this morning and of course Jonah did not do it for her, but she said that it is deffinately neurilogical. She thinks he is having seizures. Im kinda freeked! Both of his drs have called to schedual an EEG, now we are waiting to hear back from that department. Has any of your kids ever had a seizure like this, where they just go into a daze then the eyes roll back then they come back too? He does not shake or anything like that. I am so worried. Please let me know if any of this might be familiar to you. I really hope he is not seizing now. How much more can one mom take?

5 comments:

Happy in Holland said...

My kids do not do that, but I have an adult brother who does. It is a type of seizure. He even has them while driving sometimes. Scary, but he says he can stay in enough control to pull the car over until it passes. I think he does have some strange diagnosis that I can ask my mom about.

Mel said...

I'm sorry! My son has had seizures like that for years. They are quick and he is right back with us in seconds. If I remember right our neuro called them "myoclonic" seizures. Just take a deep breath. Nobody like dealing with it but usually they can be controlled with medication. We've dealt with several different kinds of seizures. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Melissa said...

Jess... I am so sorry you have one more big thing to deal with. Please keep me updated on how things are going.

tiptoe mama said...

I'm so sorry that you have something new to worry about. We haven't had seizures (knock on wood) But it sounds like the other Moms here have had some good things to say. I hope it helps. In the meantime, I'm sending a prayer your way. I can certainly empathize with that feeling of "I can't handle one more thing!"

Jessica said...

Okay so I did some gooleing and found that the type of seizure that J may be having is called an Absent seizure, or petit seizure. Thanks for the info ladies! I really appreciate it! Now the wait to hear back from PCMC...