Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autism School

Hi, again.
We had some great news over this last summer and that is our son was accepted to the Pingree School for Children with Autism. We were so excited and thrilled for this opportunity. His first day was last week and although he couldn't really tell us much he seem to share his excitement in his facial expressions.

I get to drop him off every morning at the bus stop and he is so excited when the bus arrives. We are so grateful for this school and how they are helping him. The teachers have been great and he has had great progress in eating. They will start potty training him this month which is awesome. It has been so nice for my wife to have a little break and spend time with our two year old.

Lately I've been reading this book called Healing and Preventing Autism by Jenny McCarthy and jerry Kartzinel. It has been a fantastic book. We are looking to try some nutritional supplements and I was wondering if anyone has tried anything before. They say that one of the problems is the yeast build up in the stomach and that if you can get rid of that and help their immune system to operate better this can lessen some of the autistic characteristics. So its worth a try in my mind.

Well, I hope everyone has a great month. We are also continuing to raise money for our son's education at Pingree, so if you are able to contribute a little that would be great. But don't worry if you can't because I can guarantee that just about everyone has a lot of medical bills. Our site is www.lifeandhopewithautism.com and www.lifewithpdd-nos.com. I keep them both updated with the same content.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

YAY!! So glad that he got in.. and so fast too! The school is an amazing blessing in my family's life and I hope you all find the same in yours So good to meet you and your wife and your adorable little guy!